Paternity FAQ

Paternity FAQ

Q: Can a parentage case be started while the mother is still pregnant before the baby is born?

A: YES. The mother can open a case when she is still pregnant.


Q: Can I get child support if I am not sure who is the child’s other biological parent?

A: No. Paternity must be established before child support can be ordered.


Q: What if the child’s other biological parent leaves the state before paternity is established?

A:  An action for paternity can be filed in the state where the child resides. If parentage is established without the alleged other parent’s participation, the court may order child support regardless of where the parent currently resides.

Get Legal Help

Need help with a family law matter?
Our legal professionals are here for you.

About Us

Law For All is a legal document services provider. We pride ourselves on maintaining a warm and welcoming environment and effective solutions for those who feel overwhelmed with their family law matter. Law For All provides a high level of customer service and responds quickly and effectively to all customer needs through its network of legal professionals and knowledgeable staff.

Contact Info

Law For All, LLC.
1120 Sycamore Ave. Suite D
Vista, CA 92081
Back to Top